What to do Immediately After the Accident
- Stay safe. Assess the situation for your immediate safety.
- Stay in your car if there is a risk of injury or if moving might put you at risk of further injury.
- Move to a safe location if your car is creating a safety hazard or obstructing traffic.
- Do not leave the scene of the accident!
- Determine if there are any injuries.
- Call 911 immediately to report the accident and get help to the scene, if needed.
- Follow any instructions the police give you.
- Request a tow, or contact out shop and have us set up a tow and an appointment to get your vehicles in the shop. If you need alternative transportation and have a rental coverage or the other party’s insurance is paying the bill, we can set up everything for you
- Gather Information: Get the name of the person driving the other vehicle(s) involved along with their phone number, driver’s license, vehicle license, insurance information. Also try to obtain any witness’ name and number. If you have a camera, take pictures of the accident
AThe amount of time it takes to repair your vehicle greatly depends on the damage of the vehicle. Your service advisor can give you an estimate of the time it will take to complete the repairs to your vehicle once we complete our initial inspection.
How Long Will The Repairs To My Vehicle Take?
AWe offer rental cars, so if you need a rental car, we can help you make the necessary arrangements. We use Hertz rental. They offer free pickup at our location. Insurance companies will only pay for a rental car if you have that option on your policy. Check your policy and/or call your insurance company to find out if you have rental coverage and what your specific limitations are.
How can I get a rental car?
AIf your deductible is not waived, it will be your responsibility to pay Five Star Auto Body & Repairs, LLC when you pick up your vehicle. If you are notsure about your deductible, you can ask your service advisor and he can tell you whether your insurance company has waived your deductible or whether it will be your responsibility.
Who do I pay my deductible to?
AYes. Just let your advisor know what other work you would like done so that he can make the necessary arrangements.
Can I get other service work don on my vehicle while it is in the body shop?
Didn’t find your question? Just ask us!
Ask us a question by completing the form below.